Friday, January 11, 2013

Minor Format Change

If you look at the histories of some of my blogs, especially after I started a bunch, is that the ones that get a ton of material go through spasms of lost to say. This one and the Flags and Logos blog are good examples of that. Geysers at the beginning, and then the trail off. I can tell I had a lot to say for a short time, and then it starts to taper.

So here, starting with the last post, the Old Jules post, I've decided to switch up formats.

Originally, this blog is was about my books, my library. That hasn't changed. But this blog originally was about where I got my books, what they meant to me and my writing, and ultimately what I thought at the time of the acquisition or how the book's impact would effect the library itself. (That's not total bullshit, right?)

Now I'd like to highlight some books that aren't well known but yet may be important in some other fashion, like the Mari Sandoz and her biography of her dick dad. Her fight for her Western idiom, her fight against the chauvinist establishment of the '30s, and the look at the old frontier of hardscrabble Western Nebraska is as important to our American identity as other, better known books and authors.

This lady is a hardscrabble American writer.

Some of the other books coming soon will be tiny slivers of importance, like a deliberately covered up novel by a lady that finally, 70 years later, gets its day.

No comments:

Post a Comment